Pages

Tuesday, December 10

Very nearly there!

The landing window needed some curtains to finish off the decorating/revamping project. Whilst I have plenty of spare curtains we have never had a grey theme. I decided to keep my eyes peeled, knowing something would come up......and they did.


On Saturday we took Jon's mum shopping in Guisborough, so I popped into the charity shops and found exactly what I was looking for. Lined and ironed...£3.50.


On Sunday I bought the curtain pole and Jon fixed it onto the wooden plinth. We adapted the brackets so there wasn't a gap between the curtains and the wall.


The size of the curtains was spot on too!

The snug carpet has been down since May 2011. Remember this?
We decided we needed to change it and have been out and sorted one today.......a bit of a change of colour!

Watch this space!

For more ABC fun follow the link in my sidebar.

14 comments:

  1. Your new curtains look perfect. What a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll Denise!
    Hope you're feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm redecorating with a grey theme, too, but v-e-r-y slowly.
    Love your curtains, Denise. They're perfect.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in time for Christmas. When I next go to visit mum in Yarm I will certainly put a visit to Guisborough on a list - I haven't been in years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your having fun !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I already wrote that I really like your colour scheme. I'm sure it will make Christmas so much cheerier for you all.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing find ~ looks like they were just made especially for your window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sober color and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good designs for ur window curtain

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.