Pages

Sunday, January 6

Drama on the North York Moors







We decided to go for a tootle over the moors to Scarborough. One minute we were enjoying the lovely clear views of the rolling countryside, the next minute a thick mist descended. We stopped at the Hole of Horecum, just near Pickering where the mist was the most dramatic.

The last picture is an experiment with my camera - I have a setting for panaromic - so will be having a play! The photos were uploaded from my phone - yes this old girl is getting to grips with my new phone! No help from nephews was required either!

16 comments:

  1. All together now...
    "Mull of Kintyre...oh the mists rolling in from the sea...."
    Jane x
    PS Absolutely fantastic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog--yes, do tag along on my attic adventures and have some of your own, too! We can encourage one another (I could use all the encouragement I can get!).

    frances

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, so atmospheric and other worldy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how that mist rolls in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos

    Watched the mist roll in like that one year at Whitby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I want to know is did Bing go with you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dramatic. Wuthering Heights comes to mind.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog.

    What amazing photos! That mist is very dramatic, and your pictures remind me that I don't visit the moors nearly enough.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great atmosphere they evoke...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photographs! Are they really all from your phone!? Happy belated New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.