Pages

Thursday, December 6

December–outside and inside!


Garden visitors

Just a few minutes ago I caught our friend Phil the pheasant nibbling away at some corn which had been knocked out of the chicken’s breakfast dish. If you look closely you will be able to make out the visiting robin. This is the robin who prefers custard creams to bourbon biscuits.
Yesterday I opened the hatch to the henhouse around 2pm. The chickens made a quick dash for their food, returning to their house a matter of minutes later – wise I would say.
The snow stayed with us all of yesterday and whilst the roads are clearer the threat of ice forming is always hanging in the air.
I tend to get my jobs and shopping done early as possible and return to the comfort of our snug. We purchased a new unit a month ago and we are so pleased with it.

Snug
As my mum would say “In for the night now!”

9 comments:

  1. a pleasant pheasant, it would appear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Areal Christmas card picture, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of the pheasant and robin...neither of which we get here.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo. I would use it for a Christmas card, thank you notes or even a postcard. Quite lovely.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to see the pheasant and Robin in close proximity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imagine a robin who can differentiate between custard creams and bourbon biscuits! lol Stay snUg!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snug looks lovely. Just what it says on the tin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to smile at the hens dashing out for a quick meal and dashing back again. Its too cold for them.
    Lovely birds and what a great snug.
    I like a nice cosy evening in.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  9. blimey look at that snow! none here in SOmerset yet...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.