Pages

Sunday, June 26

The Waiting Game!




Last weekend was a very strenuous one here in the Nesbitt household. The plinth which had been put down for the Aga had to be removed and it was quite a beast to break up - but armed with his sledge hammer and crow-bar, Jon did the deed! We then had to take the rubble to the tip and lay the new plinth ready for the Rayburn, due around the 2nd week of July. The flu is set in a different position from the Aga, this is why a new plinth had to go down - so the flu would go into the chimney in the correct position. It all got rather technical so I left it to Jon! lol! Once the Rayburn arrives the rest of the kitchen re-fitting can go ahead.

It seems only a matter of minutes ago that I first mentioned my early retirement plans - and now it is 3 days away! Had confirmation from Teacher's Pensions on Saturday so am well excited. We are going out for dinner to our favourite restaurant on Wednesday, a party on Saturday for family and friends and we are talking about going to France in September..........until then however - the DIY continues!!!!

Watch this space!

19 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful feeling to have confirmation of your pension - the memory is still vivid in my mind! We too had a holiday in France the September after I left my full time teaching job - because I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not long before your Rayburn arrives, either. It's all go in your household, isn't it?
    It's a lovely feeling to know that your time is your own to organise as you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennyta
    £200 cheaper to travel first week in September!!!!!!!!!

    Jabblog
    Yes - I will be busy giving Jon his DIY lists - I have always been a great list maker! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy! Jealous here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Roan
    Congrats - wish I was retiring too

    looking forward to rest of the Aga Saga

    sunday blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your retirement, I took early retirement 8 years ago and those 8 years have been among the happiest of my life. I was as teacher too and thought I'd miss it, but I've been too busy. Enjoy your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where would we be without a man with a sledge hammer Denise?

    Congrats on retirement - mine seems a long time ago and I never regretted it for one moment. I would hate to be teaching now.

    Sorry we can't come to your bash on Saturday night but we shall be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our tip is charging for hard core now!
    Oh youre photos were like deja- vous good luck my lovely :-D
    OOh early retirement, bring it on!
    No such luck for me, but you enjoy every minute of it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you enjoy retirement only half as much as I do you'll L.O.V.E. it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you old enough to retire???

    Enjoy your DIY/Retirement!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'll have more time for the DiY when you retire but I hope you can relax as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phew! Your DIY seems like a massive project to me. Happy retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Retirement this week, a new Aga and September in France...
    Great news !

    cheer, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your retirement! You have much to look forward to in the next while.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have another 4 weeks of term left here. We're seriously considering retiring early at the end of next school year.

    Congratulations on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, it's all slipping into place - all that hard work will soon be behind you, and I bet it'll be well worth the effort! Exciting times, eh? Hope you have a FAB party, raise a glass for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just catching up with you :) You're not going to slip quietly into retirement are you? ;)It sounds like you will enjoy it very much. Hope all goes well with the installation. Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.