Pages

Monday, June 28

The plot! the bike, the match!


There can be no other occupation like gardening in which,
if you were to creep up behind someone at their work,
you would find them smiling.


Mirabel Osler


26.06.2010 Weekend 009
Garden 1!
On Saturday this was the area I tackled! It is situated around the greenhouse and I am pleased to say it will soon be ready to plant salad crops! There was a few salad onions and baby leeks which we dug out and used over the weekend in a potato salad as we had a BBQ on Saturday night!
26.06.2010 Weekend 033 26.06.2010 Weekend 017
Needless to say I had some help!
Jon was busy with the hedges which run round the house so between us we had a busy day!
Sunday’s forecast was another hot day! We are not football fans so we decided to make use of the quiet roads so we headed over to the coast. Whitby was busy as ever but the air was cool, obviously as it is on the coast – so we went to Bridlington via Pickering, Malton, and Fimber.
26.06.2010 Weekend 057 26.06.2010 Weekend 059
Bridlington is a typical victorian seaside town and is full of amusements and fairground attractions but it still has places of interest!
26.06.2010 Weekend 063
I always say “Hello” to Flambourough for my blogging friend Chris!
26.06.2010 Weekend 06026.06.2010 Weekend 062
The seagulls always fascinate me and I thought this scene was quite amusing as each bird seemed to have their own special place!
26.06.2010 Weekend 061
Returning home from Bridlington the roads were very quiet! This could have had something to do with the fact that we left just after 3pm – kick off time for the England v Germany match! As we were getting ready to leave we could hear the shouts of elation and cheering from the various pubs who were showing the match! By the time we reached Whitby the atmosphere had changed somewhat and the faces around the cafe, listening to the match said it all!
The final result was 4 – 1 to Germany!

* What’s the difference between the England team and a tea bag? The tea bag stays in the cup longer.
* News Flash: Huge spike in sales of pink fairy tutus at Glastonbury Festival by blokes too embarrassed to wear their England shirt

* I’m shocked at Wayne Rooney’s outburst after the Algeria game. Who knew he could even string a sentence together!

* Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He stopped and asked, “Can you manage dear?” To which the old lady replied, “No way. You got yourself into this mess, don’t ask me to sort it out!”

* What do you call an Englishman in the knockout stages of the World Cup? A referee.

* What’s the difference between Wayne Rooney and Shrek? Shrek can save the day.

* Three hours of football and Robert Green is still England’s top scorer.

* What’s the difference between a faulty jet engine and Wayne Rooney? The jet engine eventually stops whining.

* Apparently that fan had no trouble slipping into the England dressing room – Robert Green was guarding the door

6 comments:

  1. I watched the match but I wish I hadn't! :(

    Nice photos Mrs N. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akelamalu

    Thanks - I am using Windows Livewriter now, so much easier to use than blogger - normally I upload my pictures via picasa3 but it is not uploading my pictures automativally as it use to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, buggers doesn't sound like a swear word to me, so I'm not offended. LOL Looks like you have made progress in your gardening efforts. I'm sure you would not have been so successful if not for the help. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BJ

    hahaha! Yes the help was em....helpful! I will have to make sure whatever I plant is well protected from the hens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the seaside shots - I do love those grand Victorian terraced houses!

    I loved some of the football jokes, too, even though I'm not a soccer fan. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the shout and Pics about Flamborough! How nice to be able to visit there whenever you want!
    Happy Birthday too! June is a popular month. We have four in June in our family.

    Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.