Pages

Tuesday, March 16

I is for Interview!

We as a family have been in the news!
Last week I was featured on the Chris Evan's Breakfast show when I took part in the megaphone challenge, which takes place every morning around 8am! It was really funny and I had many people calling me up to say they had heard me.

I regularly take part on a Hospital Radio Show and a couple of week's ago I shared all about ABC Wednesday which you can listen to here. I am on half way through the programme, 33 minutes 45 seconds into the broadcast. I talk about various recipes and ofcourse ABC gets a mention!

Our Godson has his own radio programme on a local radio station, each Tuesday at 1pm. You can listen to it via this link!

Continuing with my cooking challenge this week I am cooking a traditional lancashire hotpot! A new recipe for me.


 
Posted by Picasa


Ingredients

* 100g dripping or butter
* 900g stewing lamb , cut into large chunks
* 2 medium onions , chopped
* 4 carrots , peeled and sliced
* 25g plain flour
* 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 500ml lamb or chicken stock
* 2 bay leaves
* 900g potatoes , peeled and sliced


1. Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Heat some dripping or butter in a large shallow casserole dish, brown the lamb in batches, lift to a plate.
2. Fry the onions and carrots in the pan with a little more dripping until golden. Sprinkle over the flour, allow to cook for a couple of mins, shake over the Worcestershire sauce, pour in the stock, then bring to the boil. Stir in the meat and bay leaves, then turn off the heat. Arrange the sliced potatoes on top of the meat, then drizzle with a little more dripping. Cover, then place in the oven for about 1½ hrs until the potatoes are cooked.
3. Remove the lid, brush the potatoes with a little more dripping, then turn the oven up to brown the potatoes, or finish under the grill for 5-8 mins until brown.



23 comments:

  1. Mmm...*definitely* a recipe to try!

    And look at you...on the radio 'n all! What a shame I missed you on the Chris Evans show. I shall definitely check out those links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation with all the fame! Weel deserved.

    PS And pleas send some leftovers - if you have any :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! And you do have a lot of fun, don't you? That's what makes life good! I could tell it's lunch time here in Seattle as soon as I saw the photo and recipe!! So, I'm off to fix something to eat, but I'm sure it won't be as good as your dish!!! Hope your week is going well so far, you do seem to stay busy!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The link to the radio appears to be faulty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only you. I'm having link trouble too. Fun and a little out there as awlays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home made Lancashire hot pot - one of the things I miss about Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being part of a radio show. That is just too cool.

    The potatoes look amazing.

    http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2010/03/abc-wednesday-i-is-for-intriguing.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being the radio show, and that food sure look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, congrats on the interviews!! A celeb!
    Oh, and that dish looks so irresistible! It has made me hungry and it is near bedtime, so I shall have to dream about eating this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm! Lancashire Hot Pot. I'd have a go at making it if I could get any lamb. Rarely see lamb down here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That look so nice.

    Just want to wish you HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

    Have you a great one!

    hugs

    shakira

    Oscar Wilde-The IRISH Gentleman

    ART OF GENEROSITY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fame at last!! And the recipe looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you're a star. And even more of a one for coming up with this recipe. I think I'm going to do it tonight. My grandmother used to use dripping all the time and her food was fab. I'm going to have to find someone and ditch the olive oil!! Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm! Sounds delicous, Denise! I might make that soon.

    You're famous! I will listen to you doing your show when I come back from the dog walk I'm being nudged for! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am a vegetarian so will give the recipe a skip but congrats on the interview

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll follow the links! Fascinating. Congrats on your fame!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, to think I blog with a celebrity. Great stuff and you really seem to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy St.Patrick's Day. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This photo makes my mouth water. :O Oh yum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I missed you on Chris Evans and I was all ready but had a puppy to take out at just that moment :o(
    Lancashire Hotpot, I haven't had one for years mmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a spotlight family! Congrats! I'll see if I can listen to it somehow from here.

    Ksses from Nydia.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want your autograph! Wow, what fun - bet you had a ball, eh? Lancashire Hotpot is a firm favourite around our place, we all love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, always nice to know somebody has taken the time to let me know what they think.